Back to top

Error message

  • Deprecated function: Required parameter $flatten follows optional parameter $type in include_once() (line 1442 of /home/vhosts/
  • Deprecated function: Required parameter $user_edit follows optional parameter $account in require_once() (line 342 of /home/vhosts/
  • Deprecated function: Required parameter $filter follows optional parameter $base_dn in require_once() (line 342 of /home/vhosts/

How do I?

How do I obtain a 911 address?

911 addresses are assigned through the E911 office.  It is helpful to know your nearest street's name and your nearest neighbors.

Where do I file a land deed?

Land deeds are filed in the Recording Department of the Clerk of Court.

Catahoula Parish Clerk of Court
301 Bushley Street
Harrisonburg LA 71340
Phone:  318-744-5497
Fax:  318-744-5488

How do I obtain a passport?

You can visit the Clerk of Court's office and bring 2 passport photos, a birth certificate with a seal, and a picture id.  It takes about six weeks to receive your passport.

Visit for detailed information regarding applying for a passport and international travel. Where you apply for a passport depends on when you need your U.S. passport. Go to the Where to Apply page at to determine where you apply based on when the passport is needed.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

The Clerk of Court's office issues marriage licenses. 

How do I vote absentee?

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Registrar of Voters' office.

How do I register to vote?

The minimum voting age is 18.  You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.  In order to register, visit the Registrar of Voters' office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number.


Do I need a license or a permit to open a business?

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the parish, the parish Tax Collector within the Sheriff's Office will issue your license.


When I sell my car, do I keep the tag?

Yes. You may also be eligible for a credit against future taxes. If the tag has not expired, take the tag and your original receipt to the Tax Collector within the Sheriff's Office for a credit voucher.


Where do I get a car tag / license plate?

Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector within the Sheriff's office. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. New residents moving from another state have 30 days to obtain a new plate.  It is helpful to bring your automobile registration and/or title.  New residents from another parish in Louisiana can wait until their next renewal to change plates. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.  

How do I file for homestead exemption?

Visit the Assessor's office between January 2 and April 1.

Where do I vote?

Call the Registrar of Voters office at 318-744-5745.